Still coming to terms and grips with his popularity, Chris Stapleton is ready with yet another album to be released on 1 December. Riding high on the Nashville tide, the country singer has already released a couple of songs from the album and they are seemingly reminiscent of a lost era.
Two years after his maiden album Traveller, the Kentucky native has been breathing life back into country music as his solo album managed a Grammy for Best Country Album. The upcoming album is much like his previous one and would feature nine songs :
Chris Stapleton’s From A Room: Volume 2:
2. “Hard Livin'” (Chris Stapleton, Kendell Marvel)
3. “Scarecrow in the Garden” (Chris Stapleton, Brice Long, Matt Fleener)
4. “Nobody’s Lonely Tonight” (Chris Stapleton, Mike Henderson)
5. “Tryin’ to Untangle My Mind” (Chris Stapleton, Jaron Boyer, Kendell Marvel)
6. “A Simple Song” (Chris Stapleton, Darrell Hayes)
7. “Midnight Train to Memphis” (Chris Stapleton, Mike Henderson)
8. “Drunkard’s Prayer” ( Jameson Clark)
9. “Friendship” (Homer Banks, Lester Snell)
Sharing a few tricks of the trade, he goes on to talk about how important it is to be played and the radio. Without being very evasive he shares – although an exact recipe for a hit song is far from the truth, some formulae do work.
His All-American Road Show Tour has managed to rake in thousands of ardent fans and to Chris, the huge crowd continues to be surreal and playing with his wife every bit as overwhelming. The tour is not yet over and three shows remain on 16th, 17th and 18th of November.
“Millionaire” and “Scarecrow In The Garden” both retain their upbeat feel and “Midnight Train to Memphis,” which dates back to his days with the Steeldrivers have been making rounds.
So what do you think of the new songs and the upcoming album? Do let us know in the comment section below and do not forget to click on the bell for notifications.