It’s turning out to be an epic one year anniversary for Pokémon Go
Pokémon Go has been around for almost one year and it has taken the whole world by surprise. No other game in the history has seen so much of involvement by gamers than the Pokémon Go.
Celebrating the completion of a full year, Pokémon Go developer company, Niantic is looking to regain some of the magic the game had spread throughout the world back in its initial days.
After the first ever real-world Pokémon Go event was announced to be held in Chicago on July 22, it took little time for the ticket counters to hang the “sold out” sign.
Now, Niantic is bringing a new update to the Pokémon Go game that will unveil new Gym battle mechanics and an all-new co-op gameplay – the Pokémon Go Raid Battles.
Pokémon Go Raid Battles – What’s new?
Here is the complete changelog of the Pokémon Go game from the official Pokemon Go Blog
- Gym features significantly updated to add the all-new motivation system.
- Added new Gym Badge feature.
- Added in-app and push notification system for Gyms.
- Added Raid Battles, a new cooperative gameplay experience.
- Added four new items available only by completing Raid Battles.
- Added Raids tab to Nearby screen.
- Added search functionality to Pokémon collection screen.
- Added a visual indicator to unvisited PokéStops.
Will the changes in the Pokémon Go Raid Battles be any good? Time will tell.
But one thing is reassuring that the developers are trying their level best to keep this amazing game alive. Sadly, the botting is still going on which has forced a lot of dedicated Pokémon Go trainers to stop playing this game.
But these are things which Niantic is taking quite seriously and we can just hope that this summer will be all the way better than the last one for Pokémon Go. You can download the latest update from the Google Play Store.